Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Kids Nightmare Before Christmas Wall

So, I have been wanting to test my skills on a wall mural for my kids. I had drawn and painted small scale things. I figured, why not?  It took alot to get the courage to start this project. So many things to think of.  The paint was expensive ( about $100.00 for paints/materials). What if I mess up and it doesn't look good? I was painting on a wall that if I messed up, it would have to be repainted with a real light color yellow.
pencil drawing on wall
 Finally, I just did it. I can only either screw it up, which would be a longshot... or create a masterpiece. :)
 


started painting

more color
Things at this point started looking like it would really work.





almost done. had to stop to go pick up my kids


My babies reaction to their new wall


 Here is the detail of the pumpkin patch.

 Jack with detail came to life


 I had the kids paint a pumpkin so they can always look at the painting and think they had some part in it. Here is Emily's pumpkin

 The bottom pumpkin is Steven's pumpkin



No comments:

Post a Comment